Monday, April 11, 2011

Resurrection Letters: VI

Today's meditation shows the great transfer of identity:
We are all betrayers and then He invites us in to become family.

Reach Out

RL1
RL12
RL13

The most amazing part is that in our desperate state of separation from God, we can accept His priceless blood-gift and be brought into the family to dine at the table with Him.
Now that's some sweet, inclusive, undeserved, generous love.

I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 
The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father. 
(from John 10:11, 17-18)

There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends. John 15:13
----------------------
 
And as a sidenote, I realized the other day I have been blogging for a year~ Happy Blog-irthday...err, Birth-log-day...or Blogiversary!? :)  I'm so thankful for this creative outlet and for sweet readers (family, friends!) to share in my joy.

Lord, I pray you are honored here and made known to those who don't know you yet. Use sallie kate to show each visitor how much you love them and have radically taken the first step in defeating death so they can have life abundant in Christ.

4 comments:

Sam W. said...

happy blog birthday, sal :)

sallie kate said...

thanks sammy. LY

Emmy's Poppa said...

I love this lil' blog! And I love you, too!!! :)

Maurie said...

I have so enjoyed reading "Resurrection Letters" on your blog. So rich. Thanks for sharing them, Sallie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails